AAUW NYS Convention
High Peaks Resort, Lake Placid, NY, April 26-28, 2013
Plan to join us and register now! The entire convention packet, including registration forms and program details is available here. A special registration package is offered to encourage student affiliate members to attend. Attendees will be able to take advantage of the program which will focus on student members, public policy, college/university relations, and community support for the aging and life balance.
Saturday: Business meeting, AAUW NYS Awards ceremony, LAF Luncheon with LAF litigant speaker, branch exhibits, LAF basket/purse room, college/university relations panel.
Choice of workshops:
- STEM-Oriented Day Camp for Girls -- A Branch Success Story
- Helping our Communities Respond to "Aging in Place"
- Half the Sky/My Sister's Keeper Panel
- Project Have Hope
|Addie Jenne Russell|
Installation of Officers Dinner: NYS Assemblywoman Addie Jenne Russell, representing the 116th Assembly District, will speak. Ms. Russell, an attorney, formerly served on the Jefferson County Board of Legislators, is a past president of the Jefferson County Branch AAUW, and a former member of the AAUW NYS Public Policy Committee.
Sunday:Counterpart Breakfast; Choice of workshops:
- Domestic Violence Survivors Justice Act
- International Issues: United Nations/IFUW
- Today's College Student
- From Page to Stage: Bullying Prevention and the Arts